Allergies Symptoms and Intro to Our Product Reviews
Allergies symptoms can appear in different ways, and begin at any age, to the point that you may not actually recognize that you are allergic to something, or have developed a new allergy. You may be tolerating allergies symptoms for months, or perhaps even years before you decide to seek help.
If someone is suffering from allergy like symptoms, it’s important to seek health care from your provider to find out exactly what you are allergic to, and follow their medical advice.
Hay fever is an allergic reaction to grass, flower or tree pollens which are released into the atmosphere during certain months of the year. Allergies symptoms relating to hay fever, (which is also known as allergic rhinitis) can vary so it can be difficult to identify which specific substance you have the allergy to (hence it is recommended to get allergy testing done).
Symptoms of hay fever can include runny nose, a dry cough, itch, watery eyes, a scratchy throat, wheezing or even hives (a rash on the skin). If you think you may be suffering from any of these allergies symptoms there are steps you can take to alleviate the discomfort. You could ask your doctor for an anti-histamine tablet. These come in drowsy or non-drowsy forms. The drowsy tablets tend to be really strong and get rid of allergy symptoms altogether but will leave you feeling very tired.
The non-drowsy do work but can still leave you with a slightly itchy throat or runny nose. If these don’t provide you with enough relief, you can try steroidal nasal sprays and eye drops which can help reduce the allergies symptoms of hay fever. There are also natural remedies which you could try including dissolvable tablets that you can buy online or from a health food store.
Simple lifestyle changes can make a difference. For example, during the months that these allergies cause you the worst symptoms, you should always wear large sunglasses to stop the pollen from getting into your eyes. You could also try smearing a lubricant such as Vaseline into both nostrils. This will trap the pollen and stop it from getting into the sinuses.
Pet or other animals can cause allergies which seem to cause similar symptoms to hay fever. Some people are allergic to cat, dog, and horse hair or dander, and will get itchy eyes, runny nose etc if they come into contact with these animals. Bouts of violent sneezing are a common form of allergies symptoms and this can irritate the sinuses and causer sinusitis (pain and swelling in the areas around the nose and forehead).
Sometimes sinuses can become blocked due to the constant irritation of the nasal passages can cause severe pain and occasionally green nasal discharge with can turn to sinus infections. You should also try inhaling steam over a bowl with a towel over you head. Maybe you could add a couple of drops of eucalyptus oil or a menthol crystal. This does help with breathing. Doing a sinus flush with a type of netti pot and a salt water solution can also be very beneficial to help clear sinuses.
Severe allergies such as bee or wasp stings or some severe food allergies, should always be taken very seriously as these can cause a person to go into anaphylactic shock, where they will feel as though they are choking and cannot breathe. This can be life threatening. In these instances, you should treat the symptoms of these types of allergies with an epi-pen (available from your doctor). If a person suffering from severe allergies symptoms does not have an epi-pen they should phone for an ambulance immediately.
Some people are allergic to latex and this can cause breathing difficulties and skin rashes. You should always seek medical help for these types of allergy symptoms. Of course if you are aware that you have a latex allergy then you should avoid having contact with it wherever possible.
Of course hygiene is also critical in the management of allergies, whether it is your home, office, car and other personal space around you. This site will be doing product reviews and comparisons on products geared towards reducing allergies symptoms.
Here are our top 3 rated air purifiers:
Whirlpool Whispure Air Purifier, HEPA Air Cleaner, AP51030K
Whirlpool Whispure Air Purifier HEPA Air Cleaner AP51030K has a three-stage filter system and consists of a carbon filter, a pre-filter and a valid HEPA filter. The purifier’s outer grill functions permanently as a pre-filter by catching the big particles and preventing entry to the unit. Particles are immediately caught by the filtering carbon and removes undesirable odors while protecting the HEPA filter. HEPA filters accord maximal filtration to the air through removal of almost all particles like pollen, molds, mites and other minuscule irritants that may damage quality of air inside the room and provoke asthma and allergies.
1. With dimensions of 12.3 x 22.1 x 27.2 inches and weighs 25 lbs
2. Has four fan speeds with turbo and sleep modes
3. With CEDR or Clean Air Delivery Rate of 315
4. Has True HEPA micron filtration of 0.3
5. Filters room air 4.8 times in an hour period in a room size of 500
6. Quiet with easy to manage electronic controls
• Reasonably priced and easy to obtain filters
• Provides fresher air, cleaner smell with no dust seen even after
several months of usage
• A great space saver for it can be pushed against the wall since air
passes through the grill in front and discharges from top of the unit
• Easy to use controls with a lot of fan speed options
• Rated top by Consumer Reports for home air purifiers
• Comes with a five year product warranty
• Air generated even at a low setting produces a stiff airflow similar to
a small fan
• Direction and quantity of airflows may cause dry eyes and other slight
The Whirlpool Whispure Air Purifier HEPA Air Cleaner AP51030K is considered by most users an excellent commodity backed by a strong company.
Honeywell HHT-011 Compact Air Purifier with Permanent Hepa Filter comes with a three stage filtration pattern by the use of a washable pre-filter that catches big floating particles and aids in cleaning the air.
Passing through its fixed HEPA-Filter, it removes up to 99% of smoke, dust, molds, pollen and other minute particles. Purified air then passes through an ionizer tract supplying added freshening and air cleaning. Its flashing top control panel affords three choices for cleaning, an ionizer alert and light indicator for main filter cleaning.
1. Weighs 6.3 lbs and measures 14.7 x 11.2 x 7 inches with a product
warranty of three years
2. A tabletop compact air purifier ideal for room measurements up to 85
3. Easy to wash pre-filters and optional ionizer for an extra clean
4. Equipped with nighlight for soft lighting
5. Features a permanent HEPA filter that catches 99% of smoke, dust, pet
hairs, pollen and mold spores
• A noise-free air purifier which can be positioned on dresser tops,
bookcases, shelf tops or on the floor which is an ideal space saver
• No need for filter and air cleaner replacements due to its permanent
and easy to clean filters
• Has an optional ON/OFF switch, auto light for filter cleaning and night
• Product price is easy on the pocket
• Operates at full speed within minutes
• Rattles and emits a loud sound when set on HIGH level
• Has a slow start and needs some time for warming up
Honeywell HFD-120-Q Tower Quiet Air Purifier with Permanent IFD Filter, Black comes with a permanent and easy to wash pre-filter that captures large air fragments that could clog the IFD filter. The IFD filter eliminates 99.97% of air floating particles like cat hairs, dusts, smoke, molds and pollen. Integrated in this product is an ionizer that knocks down air particles for easy vacuuming. Also features an electronic filter indicator that signals time for pre-filter clean-ups. Comes with a LED easy touch button control that affords speedy filtering and a quiet air purifying system through its three fan speed selections.
1. Has built-in ionizer that grounds air floating particles for a smooth
2. A quiet purifier that comes with permanent pre-filters
3. Designed for small to medium sized rooms of up to 186 square ft
4. Easily maintained due to its electronic filter indicator
5. Product size of 28.7 x 11.22 x 10.04 inches weighing 13 lbs
• Comes with a permanent filter
• Ease in setting up the product
• Low maintenance due to its vacuumable and washable filter – no need for
• Its oscillator functions differently from its cleaner and has a
rotating machine that blows air in arc forms covering a wider area
• Of sturdy construction
• Power efficient with a five year product warranty
• Not as quiet as publicized – makes a pounding sound when anchored on
• Has a strange smelling odor like plastic on initial use